LEARNING DISORDERS in Katy
One in six children is diagnosed with a developmental disorder in Katy. Unfortunately, this epidemic appears to only be getting worse. Kids afflicted with these conditions typically do not process sensory information well and fall behind their peers. As a result, they are often misunderstood – resulting in a difficult time for the child and family.
Child Developmental Disorders in Katy Include:
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Learning Disorders
- Many more
New research indicates these conditions may be the result of immature central nervous system development. For your brain and nervous system to develop properly, it needs to be free of toxins, acquire proper nutrition, receive adequate stimulation, and be free of obstructions so the brain can process sensory information appropriately.
Typical treatments for these conditions include medications like Ritalin, anti-psychotics prescriptions, counseling, behavioral therapy, and other occupational therapy. While these help, they don’t always address the underlying problem.
At Thrive Chiropractic, our goal with care is to help free the nervous system of obstructions and help stimulate parts of the brain that may be lagging behind so they mature appropriately.
Our Process For Natural Treatment
- Address and remove toxins that may affect children with developmental disorders.
- Address appropriate nutrition.
- Identify part of the brain that may not be “up to speed” and help stimulate it through neurological exercises.
- Utilize precise, gentle adjustments in the spine in order to remove obstructions that can lead to altered sensory input to the brain and nervous system.
A comprehensive plan that resolves around these strategies can have a positive impact on the development of these children. Recent research indicates that the brain can re-wire itself, a phenomenon known as neuroplasticity. This is great news because issues involving the brain don’t appear to be permanent.